Thursday, September 24, 2009

Harland Arrives



Harland is 12-14 years old. Bless his heart. His backend is weak and he walks in circles. I felt so bad for him. The first night, he would not go inside his dogloo to sleep. He paced back and forth and drank a ton of water. The second night it was sprinkling and then came a light rain. I was worried about him and decided I better crate him if he wasn't going to take refuge in his dog house. When I went back to check on him, he was inside his house all snuggled up snoozing the night away. He seemed to be in the exact same position the next morning - he must have been exhausted from pacing most of the night before. My personal dog, Duke, relishes in making visitors jealous. He came over and put one paw on my leg and looked over at Harland....no response from Harland, so he put both paws in my lap and looked over his shoulder at Harland....still no response. Duke then repositioned himself, placed his paws on my chest and nuzzled his head on me....and cut his eyes at Harland....to his dismay still no response. What Duke failed to realized is that Harland probably doesn't see too far away nor did he care about Duke's shenanigan. Duke was completely let down by Harland's lack of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment